SteamPunk Gamers
It seems you are not logged in, you may continue to browse the forums, but you will only be able to post, make new topics and be involved with the forum if you login/register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SteamPunk Gamers
It seems you are not logged in, you may continue to browse the forums, but you will only be able to post, make new topics and be involved with the forum if you login/register.
SteamPunk Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RCMod Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

RCMod Suggestions Empty RCMod Suggestions

Post  RockerChopper Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Post here any suggestions that you would like to see in the RCMod, if its reasonable, it will most likely be added. Note that some of your suggestions may contradict others and/or ones already in the mod that can result in a refusal to add it in. My coding is not incredible, I will however do my best to meet the wishes of the community. Either way, hope you enjoy being able to contribute to the mod. Smile
RockerChopper
RockerChopper
Admin
Admin

https://steampunkgamers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

RCMod Suggestions Empty Re: RCMod Suggestions

Post  [AOTIK] Lord of D. Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:24 am

You should bring back the Axetinguisher Sad , although I think you maybe out of weapon slots...

[AOTIK] Lord of D.

Back to top Go down

Post  [AOTIK] Lord of D. Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:35 pm

Storm_Surge suggests you change the text, it is a bit bad to look at.

[AOTIK] Lord of D.

Back to top Go down

RCMod Suggestions Empty from lorgan

Post  [ICY] Arctic Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:33 am

here is exactly what lorgan told me

it requires a lot of work (i'm talking about multiple hours) to get everything working with even more weapons. But if you're really dying to know:

1) you have to add an extra description to LoadoutMenu event user 2 for all weapons and change the "value" variables so the weapon constants don't overlap.
2) you have to change the LoadoutSwitcher so you can select the extra weapon, change it's sprite so the extra weapon fits on it and add an extra set of sprites for the new weapons.
3) you would have to update ALL weapon constants to work with the new ones
4) add names for the new weapons (obviously)
5) check and fix if needed ALL medic and engi code because they only work with the current loadout setup
6) fix a bunch of variables (ammo[100] to ammo[115]) in the Character event because those use up the ammo variable for the new weapons you would add.
7) randomizer is currently at its maximum amount of loadout weapons it can handle. To fix this you would have to change the entire sending and saving code for the loadout.
Cool more things will definately be broken so you'll have to find out why, where and how to fix them.

it just isn't worth doing. if you really want to add more weapons you can add an extra console option so clients can request the new weapons. That way you would only have to do step 4 and 6 (and maybe step 5 and .

Also the source you're using is not updated to the current version of rm, just pointing that out too.

[ICY] Arctic

Back to top Go down

Post  [ICY] Arctic Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:47 am

ok so ive tested plugins on ur mod and the damage indicator plugin works surprisingly well so i would suggest that u add this feature to the mod

[ICY] Arctic

Back to top Go down

Post  RockerChopper Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:50 pm

[ICY] Arctic wrote:ok so ive tested plugins on ur mod and the damage indicator plugin works surprisingly well so i would suggest that u add this feature to the mod

The fact that I have the damage indicator plugin set to run on my server in Randomizer and RCmod, all you need is the plugin to have it work.
Otherwise I'll look into how to code that into the game.
RockerChopper
RockerChopper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [ICY] Arctic Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:29 pm

RockerChopper wrote:
[ICY] Arctic wrote:ok so ive tested plugins on ur mod and the damage indicator plugin works surprisingly well so i would suggest that u add this feature to the mod

The fact that I have the damage indicator plugin set to run on my server in Randomizer and RCmod, all you need is the plugin to have it work.
well just then include the damage indicator in the download maybe and give lorgan credit

[ICY] Arctic

Back to top Go down

Post  RockerChopper Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:01 pm

[ICY] Arctic wrote:
RockerChopper wrote:

well just then include the damage indicator in the download maybe and give lorgan credit

simple enough
RockerChopper
RockerChopper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down